©4-20-11 by Donna Cunningham, MSW
We’re coming up on a great milestone here on this blog—the 500th post. I’d like to start by saying thank you to my Readers—without your enthusiastic participation, the journey would not have been as rewarding or nearly as much fun.
I’d also like to say a special thanks to my fellow authors who’ve acted as guest bloggers. I’m always on the hunt for great articles on astrological and metaphysical subjects to feature on Skywriter. Sometimes these articles are by well-known astrologers and sometimes they’re by emerging talents, but they always produce something new and interesting for Skywriter’s readers to absorb. Below–in alphabetical order–are links to some of the most-visited guest posts.
Q&A Sessions by Guest Bloggers: The question and answer sessions on Skywriter are always popular. Readers are encouraged to pick the host’s brain about an astrological topic, and the questions they ask are always productive of new insights. During the past few months, we’ve had several guest bloggers as hosts, and we’ve been privileged to share the knowledge of some of astrology’s brightest.
- Emergency Preparedness—A Q&A Session by Dr. Deborah Bier
- A Question and Answer Session on the Progressed Moon by Gretchen Lawlor
- Chiron Potpourri—a Q&A Session with Joyce Mason
- Chiron Transits—a Q&A Session by Joyce Mason
- A Q&A Session on Retrograde Natal Planets by Erin Sullivan
- Readers Ask: Q&A about the Moon’s Nodes by Donna Van Toen
Astrology is a vast field with as many specialties as medicine. No astrologer can possibly master all there is to know, and so I’ve supplemented what I personally have to offer with many excellent articles by colleagues, to enrich our readers’ studies. Here are some of them:
- James Alexander: Getting the Birth Time Right—Polaris Software Makes It Possible
- Jude Cowell: Secret Moon Art–Jude Cowell’s Visionary Work
- Annie Heese: Difficult Neptune Aspects in Chart Comparison and Astrology and Conscious Parenting: Saturn in Synastry
- Richard Idemon: Missing Elements and How They Affect Your Relationships and Understanding Mercury-Moon Aspects
- Kachina: Saturn in Libra: How to Set Healthy Boundaries
- Mandi Lockley: Saturn Retrograde in Libra: Relationship Revision Time
- Fabienne Lopez: Creativity and Element Imbalances in the Chart
- John Marchesella: What to Tell Astrology Clients about Pluto in Capricorn
- Joyce Mason: Chiron and Vocation: Do What You Love and Wholeness Will Follow
- Neeti Ray: Saturn Transits the 7th House—a Rare Interview with Father Time Himself
- Erin Sullivan: The Retrograde Planet as Maverick
- John Townley: The Planet ahead of your Sun—and What It Says about You Plus Your Birthday Headlines: A Day In The Life
Skywriter is as much a self-help blog as it is an astrology blog, and generally the line between the two is a fuzzy one. Here, however, are a few fine posts that clearly fall into the self-help/metaphysical end of the spectrum.
- Dr. Deborah Bier: Understanding Healing Reactions or Healing Crises
- William G. DeFoore Anger Management Tips for Home and Work
- Steven Handel: Grudges And Forgiveness
- Sharon Mikrut: Battling the Bully – Standing Up For Yourself With Confidence
- Sonya Green: Feeling Drained by a Relationship? Cut those Psychic Cords!
- Irene Matiatos: 6 Common Misconceptions about Boundaries in a Relationship
- Amanda Owen: If I Accept the Gift, Do I Owe the Giver? and Do You Know How to Receive?
- Diana Stone: Catastrophobia: What Causes it and How to Heal it
Articles from WikiHow:
I thoroughly enjoy WikiHow, the premier how-to site on the internet, and it’s on my Google startup page. It’s uncanny how often its featured selections of the morning meet the challenges of that day’s astrological patterns.
- How to Deal with Manipulative Behavior and Guilt Trips
- How to Deal with Emotional Abuse
- What Makes a Person Controlling? How Can It Stop?
- How to Deal with a Promise Breaker
NOTE: If you’d like to mine this site for specific topics we’ve covered, download this INDEX OF SKYWRITER’S POSTS by category. It’s an excellent resource for students. Save it to your hard drive rather than print it, and then all the links are live. (Download it here: 1-Articles Index Skywriter 3-2011.)
If you’re enjoying this blog, sign up for a subscription, and get a FREE EBOOKLET for Skywriter Subscribers Only: Mothers, Daughters, and the Moon, a 50-page excerpt from The Moon in your Life. Read more about it here: New: Free Booklet For Skywriter Subscribers!
If you’re already a subscriber and want a copy, forward the most recent email post to me at firstname.lastname@example.org . To sign up for a subscription, go to the top right hand corner of the blog and click on “Subscribe.” Then send me an email with your subscription confirmation or an email post with a request for the booklet in the subject line.
Art Credits: Like the header? You can create headers, logos, and word art in hundreds of styles and colors for free at http://flamingtext.com/ .