(c)10-18-09 by Donna Cunningham, MSW
Is your budget for advertising small, and yet you need to build interest in your astrology or metaphysical practice, business, or blog? Every time you send an email, you can advertise, and it doesn’t cost a dime. Promote your services and activities by creating email signatures with a brief message, adding contact information or a link. You don’t have to be a computer whiz to do this.
Juggling Several Enterprises? Create Multiple Signatures.
Many of us who are self-employed have a variety of ways to make a living. Creative people, in particular, have a multitude of projects and products to offer.
If you have several enterprises—say classes and a newsletter—or if you want to create a series of inspirational messages, you can easily switch back and forth between signatures. Put your mouse at the beginning of the default signature, right click, and choose from your list of signatures. As you answer emails from people who’d be interested in a specific area, switch to a signature that relates to that interest. Here are one of the eight I use:
Donna Cunningham’s trilogy The Outer Planets and Inner Life is complete with the publication of V.2: Outer Planet Aspects to Venus and Mars and V.3 Aspects between the Outer Planets. (V.1 explores the outer planets as career indicators.) To celebrate this event, we are offering 3 books for $35, up to a $50 value. For more details and samples of the ebooks, visit http://www.moonmavenpublications.com/astrologybooks.html.
You can also create a temporary signature to highlight an upcoming event or class. For instance, if you’re an astrologer, you could create a brief writeup of the significance of an eclipse or of how to handle challenges of the current Mercury retrograde period. If you’re giving a seminar, create a signature with a brief description, including date, location, price, and how to register.
Most of us in the metaphysical fields have a certain shyness or reservations about promoting ourselves, but in today’s economy, we need to work at building our practices. Email signatures are a painless and free way to do it. To download a file with step by step instructions, including screen shots, click on this link: Creating email signatures for promotion.
WANT TO CREATE TRAFFIC FOR YOUR BLOG? TIPS FOR BLOGGERS ON THIS SITE:
- Free Advertising—How to Create Email Signatures
- The Best Marketing Tool for your Astrology Blog–An Effective “About Me” Page
- How to Add Impact to Your Site with Pictures
- Internet Find of the Week–Compare Blog Tags and Website Keywords for Visitor Appeal
- Tips for Bloggers 1—Retooling your Astrology Posts to Keep them Fresh
- Tips for Bloggers 2—Backlinks and other Tactics
- Tips for Bloggers 3–A Promising Anthology on Blogging
- Testimonials that Work: Promote Yourself with Integrity, Credibility—and Class!
Writing Tips–10 Dos and Don’ts for Astrology Blogs
- FREE EBOOKLET FOR SKYWRITER SUBSCRIBERS ONLY: Mothers, Daughters, and the Moon, a 50-page excerpt from The Moon in your Life. Read more about it here: NEW: FREE BOOKLET FOR SKYWRITER SUBSCRIBERS! If you’re already a subscriber and want a copy, forward the most recent email post to me at firstname.lastname@example.org. To sign up for a subscription, go to the top right hand corner of the blog and click on “Subscribe.” Then send me an email with your subscription confirmation or an email post with a request for the booklet in the subject line.