During April, I and some of my blogging buddies have joined with websites and blogs all over the world to celebrate National Humor Month. With all the bad press the cardinal t-square has gotten, we figured astrology lovers could use a laugh. As humor month draws to a close, here’s a guided tour of some of the funniest astrology blogs.
Neeti Ray of Astrology Expressed specializes in funny and creative takes on astrology. Even when we’re trying to be humorous, we astrologers often miss the mark, but not Neeti. Her contribution for National Astrology Month is Random Funny Astrology Bits. Here are some gems from her hilarious—but all too accurate—post, Humor: Astrologers in love:
- If the horary doesn’t say what you want it to, you change the house that signifies them.
- You sigh over the conjunctions and gloss over the squares.
- Ptolemaic aspects are obviously not enough; you also look at parallels, asteroids, Arabic parts and anything else you have ever heard of.
- Not only do you remember their major planetary degrees, you also know their cusps by heart.
Joyce Mason’s unfailing sense of humor is one of the most appealing qualities of her blog, The Radical Virgo. Some of her funnier pieces include The Radical Virgo: “God Is Not An Aries” , Auntie Joyce’s Astro-Aphorisms, and Valentine’s Quotes for the Signs. I especially liked the one for Aquarius:
“We are all a little weird and life’s a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love.”
The Distracted Astrologer is a funny fellow. The tag line for the blog reads, “As above, so bel…Oh, look, kittens!”
Kim Rogers-Gallagher is one of astrology’s funniest authors. Here’s a sample from her article about the zodiac and dating, “Why You’d Never want to Date a…..”
Aries: Looking for a lover who’s mature, gentle, thoughtful, considerate, and entirely unselfish? Well, then, don’t even consider dating an Aries. They’ll amaze you at their ability to stuff six “I’s” into every sentence — in between slamming doors, driving like a maniac, and screaming like an infant until they get what they want.” See the rest at: http://www.innerself.com/Astrology/never_date.htm.
Readers: Got any astrology jokes? Share them in the comment section.
Other posts on this blog you may or may not find funny, depending on whether your sense of humor is as weird as mine:
- Clients Say the Darndest Things!
- The Astrologer with a Magic Lamp
- And You Thought Pluto Wasn’t Funny!
- Funny Quotes and Cartoons about Uranus, Venus, & Mercury
- Sunday Funnies: “My Astrologer Told Me……”
- Chiron: Send in the (Wounded) Clowns
- Mayan Calendar Jokes: A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the End of the World