©7-17-2010 by Donna Cunningham, MSW
We’re engaged in a series of posts where readers ask questions about a particular house in the comment section and I answer them. Since our current theme has been about the Moon and its sign Cancer, let’s consider the related house, the 4th. Bring on the questions, Readers!
The sign on the 4th house cusp (an angle called the IC), the condition of any planets in that house, and the ruler of the 4th all combine to describe your home and home life; real estate transactions, roots; family ties; heredity; family of origin influence; the nurturing parent; and the senior years.
I am happy to entertain general questions like these:
- What’s the difference between a 4th house Sun and Sun in Cancer?
- Do you agree that the 4th house shows the mother and the 10th house the father?
- If a 4th house planet opposes the Midheaven, how does it affect the career?
UPDATE: After two days and more than 40 questions, the comments are closed. To read the questions and answers—scroll down below this article to the comment section.
Readers Ask Series: (Readers’ questions and my Answers are in the Comment Sections)
- Readers Ask: Basic Questions about the 12 Houses
- Readers Ask: Q&A about the 1st House and Ascendant
- Readers Ask: Q & A about the 2nd House
- Readers Ask: Q & A about the 3rd House, Mercury, and Gemini
- The Best of Readers’ Q & A about the 3rd House and Mercury
- Readers Ask: Q & A about the 4th House
- Readers Ask—Q & A about the 5th House
- Readers Ask: Q & A about the 6th House
- Readers Ask: Q & A about the 7th House
- Readers Ask: Q&A about the 8th House
- Readers Ask—Q & A about the 9th House
- Readers Ask—Q & A about the 10th House
- Readers Ask: Q&A about the 11th House
- Readers Ask: Q & A about the 12th House
- New Insights into the 12th House from our Q&A Session
- House Positions of the Nodes—Insights from Our Q&A Series
- Q&A: What Professional Astrologers Want to Know
Articles about the Mo0n and Cancer:
- How Strong is your Moon? Here’s the Score?
- Why Cancer Isn’t a Popular Sign
- Why Transits to the Birth Moon are so Challenging
- How Outer Planet Transits to the Moon Affect Family Life
- Cancerians, Memory and Emotion
- The Moon Signs and their Emotional Habits
- Understanding Mercury Aspects to the Moon
- Outtake from a Moon-Pluto Life
- Fool’s Gold—the Slippery Slope of the South Node
If you enjoy exchanges like these, sign up for a subscription, and get a FREE EBOOKLET for Skywriter Subscribers Only: Mothers, Daughters, and the Moon, a 50-page excerpt from The Moon in your Life. Read more about it here: New: Free Booklet For Skywriter Subscribers!
If you’re already a subscriber and want a copy, forward the most recent email post to me at email@example.com. To sign up for a subscription, go to the top right hand corner of the blog and click on “Subscribe.” Then send me an email with your subscription confirmation or an email post with a request for the booklet in the subject line.