©9-10-2010 by Donna Cunningham, MSW
We’re engaged in a series of posts where readers ask questions about a particular house in the comment section and I answer them. The three vocational houses are the 2nd, 6th, and 10th. Since we’ve covered the 2ndand 6th, it’s time we discussed the 10th, to complete your career picture.
The sign Capricorn and the planet Saturn are naturally connected with the 10th house, and people with a strong 10th house often share Capricorn’s focus on career and accomplishments. Bring on the questions, Readers!
The combination of the sign on the 10th house cusp (Midheaven), any planets within a 10 range either side of the Midheaven, the condition of any planets in that house, and the ruler of the 10th all combined describe your career. That includes specific types of careers, what you are recognized for, and your lifetime achievements in your field.
It also describes the type of authority figures your parents were, your relationship with bosses and other authority figures, and how you, in turn, act as an authority figure to your children and your employees, if any.
I am happy to entertain questions like these:
- What’s the difference between a particular planet in the 10th vs. the 6th and 2nd houses?
- Which parent does the 10th house represent—Mom or Dad?
- How does the 10th house parent serve as a role model in terms of career?
See a separate Q&A session about the Midheaven itself here: Readers Ask—Q & A about the Midheaven
There’s one earlier post in this series that I may refer to in my responses. It answers basic questions about houses and how they are set up that apply to all houses. If so, here’s the article I’ll be referring to: Readers Ask: Basic Questions about the 12 Houses.
UPDATE: After responding to 30 questions, I’m closing the comment section. Read the exchanges–you may find your own question asked and answered. Scroll down below this article to the comment section.
The Midheaven Series:
Midheaven101—What the 10th House Cusp Shows about You
Readers Ask—Q & A about the Midheaven
The Midheaven/IC Axis: Who Wore the Pants in your Family?
The Midheaven in Synastry—Meaningful Career Connections
Inner Planets Conjunct the Midheaven—Are You Larger than Life?
Neptune Squaring the Midheaven—How It Affects your Career
Research Question—What did You Want to Be when You Grew Up?
Readers Ask Series: (Readers’ questions and my Answers are in the Comment Sections)
- Readers Ask: Basic Questions about the 12 Houses
- Readers Ask: Q&A about the 1st House and Ascendant
- Readers Ask: Q & A about the 2nd House
- Readers Ask: Q & A about the 3rd House, Mercury, and Gemini
- The Best of Readers’ Q & A about the 3rd House and Mercury
- Readers Ask: Q & A about the 4th House
- Readers Ask—Q & A about the 5th House
- Readers Ask: Q & A about the 6th House
- Readers Ask: Q & A about the 7th House
- Readers Ask: Q&A about the 8th House
- Readers Ask—Q & A about the 9th House
- Readers Ask—Q & A about the 10th House
- Readers Ask: Q&A about the 11th House
- Readers Ask: Q & A about the 12th House
- New Insights into the 12th House from our Q&A Session
- House Positions of the Nodes—Insights from Our Q&A Series
- Q&A: What Professional Astrologers Want to Know
For links to previous vocational astrology articles see:25 Career and Money Articles on Skywriter.
If you enjoy exchanges like these, sign up for a subscription, and get a FREE EBOOKLET for Skywriter Subscribers Only: Mothers, Daughters, and the Moon, a 50-page excerpt from The Moon in your Life. Read more about it here: New: Free Booklet For Skywriter Subscribers!
If you’re already a subscriber and want a copy, forward the most recent email post to me at email@example.com. To sign up for a subscription, go to the top right hand corner of the blog and click on “Subscribe.” Then send me an email with your subscription confirmation or an email post with a request for the booklet in the subject line.