©9-28-2010 by Donna Cunningham, MSW
We’re engaged in a series of posts where readers ask questions about a particular house of the astrology chart in the comment section and I answer them. This time we’ll look at the 9th house.
The sign Sagittarius and the planet Jupiter are naturally connected with the 9th. People with a strong 9th house—like having the Sun, Moon, or several planets there—often share the Sagittarian focus on higher education and seeking answers to life’s bigger questions. Bring on the questions, Readers!
The combination of the sign on the 9th house cusp, the sign and aspects of any planets in that house, and the ruler of the 9th describe our experiences with education, religion, philosophy, law, publishing, and foreign countries.
, I am happy to entertain general questions like these:
- Why would the 9th describe such unrelated areas as law, religion, education and foreign countries?
- Can the 9th house show if someone will win a lawsuit?
- If a person wants to go back to school for a degree, can 9th house transits show timing?
There’s one earlier post in this series that I may refer to in my responses. It answers basic questions about houses and how they are set up that apply to all houses. If so, here’s the article I’ll be referring to: Readers Ask: Basic Questions about the 12 Houses.
After 27 questions about the 9th house, the comments are closed. To read other people’s questions and answers—maybe some that would include your own questions–scroll down below this article to the comment section.
Readers Ask Series: (Readers’ questions and my Answers are in the Comment Sections)
- Readers Ask: Basic Questions about the 12 Houses
- Readers Ask: Q&A about the 1st House and Ascendant
- Readers Ask: Q & A about the 2nd House
- Readers Ask: Q & A about the 3rd House, Mercury, and Gemini
- The Best of Readers’ Q & A about the 3rd House and Mercury
- Readers Ask: Q & A about the 4th House
- Readers Ask—Q & A about the 5th House
- Readers Ask: Q & A about the 6th House
- Readers Ask: Q & A about the 7th House
- Readers Ask: Q&A about the 8th House
- Readers Ask—Q & A about the 9th House
- Readers Ask—Q & A about the 10th House
- Readers Ask: Q&A about the 11th House
- Readers Ask: Q & A about the 12th House
- New Insights into the 12th House from our Q&A Session
- House Positions of the Nodes—Insights from Our Q&A Series
- Q&A: What Professional Astrologers Want to Know
Posts about Jupiter:
- How Strong is your Jupiter? Here’s the Score!
- Hyperactive Jupiter Syndrome—The Down Side of an Upbeat Planet
- What Jupiterians DON’T Know–but Think They Do
- Jupiter in the 12th—When Does Good Luck Turn Bad?
- Why Saturn has as much to do with Luck as Jupiter
- Jupiter and the Astrology of Self-Justification
If you enjoy exchanges like these, sign up for a subscription, and get a FREE EBOOKLET for Skywriter Subscribers Only: Mothers, Daughters, and the Moon, a 50-page excerpt from The Moon in your Life. Read more about it here: New: Free Booklet for Skywriter Subscribers!
If you’re already a subscriber and want a copy, forward the most recent email post to me at firstname.lastname@example.org. To sign up for a subscription, go to the top right hand corner of the blog and click on “Subscribe.” Then send me an email with your subscription confirmation or an email post with a request for the booklet in the subject line.