©12-12-2010 by Donna Cunningham, MSW
With Mercury barely moving lately and now going retrograde, it seems a good time to look back over what we’ve learned about Mercury. It turns out to be as much of a theme on Skywriter as Pluto or Neptune—though it’s usually more fun.
We started with a test to measure how important Mercury is in your chart, then opened up a forum for readers to ask questions any questions they wanted to about Mercury, Gemini, and the 3rd house. Then, as we explored Mercury’s aspects, readers gave details about how they worked on a variety of levels.
For students, here’s a list of links to over 30 articles about Mercury and related series on thinking and communication.
Articles about Mercury Retrograde Periods—and What’s up with this One:
- Enough with the Mercury Retrograde Hysteria!
- Why Mercury Retrograde is a Good Thing–Its Helpful Uses
- If It Weren’t for that Mercury Conjunction to Pluto….
- The Mercury-Pluto Conjunction—Grievances, Gripes, Grudges, and Grinches
- Obama’s Flubbed Oath–Perfect Mercury Retrograde Story?
A Series about Natal Mercury Aspects:
- Understanding Mercury-Pluto Combinations
- Understanding Mercury Aspects to the Moon
- Understanding Mercury-Saturn Combinations
- Understanding Mercury-Uranus Combinations—It’s DIY Time!
- Viewing the 3rd House through Neptune’s Lens
A Mercury Miscellany:
- How Strong is your Mercury? Here’s the Score!
- Four Kinds of Smart–Which One Are You?
- Readers Ask: Q & A about Mercury, Gemini, and the 3rd House
- The Best of Readers’ Q & A about Mercury and the 3rd House
- Things You May Not Know about the 3rd and 12th Houses
- Cosmic Piñata #5—Mercurial Morsels
- Funny Quotes and Cartoons about Uranus, Venus, & Mercury
- Puzzle Lover? I’ll Bet your Mercury is Strong!
- A New Look at the Astrology of Twins
Posts about Negative Thinking and Thought Forms:
- Thought Forms and the Brain
- Seriously Stuck? Blast Those Thought Forms!
- The Ultraviolet Jackhammer-A Tool for Demolishing Negative Beliefs
- Thought Forms–How They Add to Money Blocks
- Legacy Thought Forms-Shake (off) what your Mama Gave You
- Positive Thought Forms–Can They Limit Us, too?
- “Conventional Wisdom”–Is the Advice of our Mentors an Asset or a Thought Form that Holds Us Back?
- Nothing to Fear but Fear Itself
- 10 Strategies for Killing Negative Thoughts
- Shields Up! Fight Second-hand Fear and Despair!
Articles about Writing and Communication
- English for Astrologers–No Astrobabble Please
- Awful Things Astrologers Say to Clients
- Clients Say the Darndest Things!
- Writer’s Block–or Waiting for the Right Astrological Window?
- Can U Blog? What to Look for in the Birth Chart
- Writing Tips–10 Dos and Don’ts for Astrology Blogs
AN INDEX OF SKYWRITER’S 418 POSTS by category. Excellent resource for students. Save it to your hard drive rather than print it, and then all the links are live. Download it here: Articles Index Skywriter 11-2010.
If you’re enjoying this blog, sign up for a subscription, and get a FREE EBOOKLET for Skywriter Subscribers Only: Mothers, Daughters, and the Moon, a 50-page excerpt from The Moon in your Life. Read more about it here: New: Free Booklet For Skywriter Subscribers!
If you’re already a subscriber and want a copy, forward the most recent email post to me at email@example.com . To sign up for a subscription, go to the top right hand corner of the blog and click on “Subscribe.” Then send me an email with your subscription confirmation or an email post with a request for the booklet in the subject line