©3-19-11 by Donna Cunningham, MSW
Today into tomorrow, a number of noteworthy events are happening:
- The Spring Equinox—the Sun at 0 Aries
- International Astrology Day events around the world
- The “Super Full Moon” –which NASA is touting as the closest to earth in 20 years. (http://science.nasa.gov/science-news/science-at-nasa/2011/16mar_supermoon/)
Oh, yes and it’s the day some geologist is predicting a massive earthquake on the West Coast.
As I’ve indicated in recent posts, I’m skeptical about the records of most prognosticators from geologists to weather forecasters to political pollsters to seers to mundane astrologers.
HOWEVER, since this old globe has been quite seismically active of late, I’ve decided it’s time to update and solidify my emergency preparedness provisions. I do, after all, live on the 8th floor of a high rise, although one that withstood a 5.0 quake here last week without a jolt.
I work well with deadlines, and have used them all my life as an impetus to action. What better impetus than the footage of Japan’s devastation we’re seeing on television? So I am asking my readers to join me in a preparedness project.
And that’s where a “go bag” comes in.
It’s a bag that’s always packed and near the door with absolute necessities for a rapid emergency evacuation. It would hold a can opener, flashlight, a few days worth of our medications, some cash, a change of underwear, a radio with batteries—essentials like that.
As of this morning, my go bag is good to go. It’s got small versions of most things I’d need for about a 3-day period. I can’t carry more than that. Right now I’m going out for some last minute additions like beef jerky and sample sizes of shampoo.
From a U.S. government site, Ready America, is a helpful link with a list of the items that should be in a basic emergency kit: Click HERE .
If you are a flower essence user or practitioner, Vibration Magazine and Blog has a new article with links to dozens of articles about essences for crisis here: http://www.floweressencemagazine.com/blog/?p=1930
Tomorrow (Sunday) Dr. Deborah Bier, my friend and fellow editor of Vibration Magazine, will lead a special Q&A session here at Skywroter on Emergency Preparedness. Deborah has been one of the leaders in developing an emergency preparedness plan for her city of Concord, Massachusetts. She’ll be available to answer questions and share her experience and knowledge. Join us on Sunday, 12:00 PM Pacific for the session.
In the meantime, leave your own suggestions in the comment section of this post.
More Self-Help Tools in a Crisis:
- Shields Up! Fight Second-hand Fear and Despair!
- EFT-Another Self-Help tool for Freedom from Fear
- Rescue Remedy—Dr. Bach’s Emergency Formula
- In a Crisis? Rescue Remedy Can Help You through It (Keep a bottle in the Go Bag or Emergency Kit!)
- Hope for Those in the Dark Night of the Soul
- Red Clover Essence–A Gentle Antidote to Mass Hysteria, by Sheryl Karas
- 10 Strategies for Killing Negative Thoughts