©4-2-2011 by Donna Cunningham, MSW
This Q&A session is about transits from Uranus in Aries to the natal chart. We will focus on understanding what the house position of transiting Uranus means, and how the natal Uranus placement plays into the outcome of the transit.
Here’s the information I will need in order to answer your question:
- What house Uranus is transiting, and the degree and sign where that house begins (the cusp)
- What planets in that house Uranus will cross before exiting
- What house and sign Uranus is placed in natally
- What MAJOR aspects it forms natally
- Life history relevant to the house being transited, BRIEFLY summarized in one paragraph.
- Are you surprised at all the information I need? There are likely to be a number of surprises today, but Uranus is the planet of surprises, the Expect the Unexpected whirlwind and coyote influence of the solar system.
I must confess I don’t know how well this process will work or whether it will work at all, for I’ve never tried doing transits without a chart to look at.
Since Readers liked my recent tutorial on transits to a 1st house Mars (Risk Assessment: Observations on Mars Conjunct the Ascendant and Danger), what I’d like to do here is show my process of reasoning in analyzing Uranus transits, more than necessarily making a prediction.
I MAY ask the Reader whose question I am addressing for additional information, or I MAY simply explain what other information I’d ask for in a client consultation.
I also have no idea how many Readers I can comfortably answer, probably fewer than in our usual Q&A session.
AND, I reserve the right to pick which questions I will answer, based on general interest and on the wish to include a variety of houses in the mix. For the sake of fairness, I will give priority today to Readers who have never had a question addressed in a Q&A over those regulars who are quick enough to get in a question regularly.
If I’m foolish enough to make a definite prediction about a Uranus transit in Aries–a wild card planet in a sign it hasn’t entered in the lifetime of any astrologer I know of who’s still in practice–I make no guarantee that it will be accurate.
I might hit it lucky; I might not. But the matters of the house it is transiting and the history of how you’ve used Uranus in the past can at least give us a ballpark estimate of areas of life impacted and of issues that are likely to arise.
(As Dr. Phil says, the best predictor of the future is the past, and in a real consultation, we’d go into depth about your past use of Uranus’ energies and any risk factors as well as exciting potentials before I would venture a prediction.)
If you don’t know a lot about the house Uranus is transiting in your chart, here are some links to take you deeper:
- Download a chapter on the houses here: AGSA ch13-houses
- Download a chart blank here: Blank chart with house meanings.
- A Who’s Who of your Horoscope–the Players in all 12 Houses
- We also would have looked more in depth at that house in one of our past Q&A sessions, so look for the link at the bottom of this post: Readers Ask: Basic Questions about the 12 Houses.
More articles about natal and transiting Uranus:
UPDATE: THE COMMENT SECTION S CLOSED. There are only 12 houses, so it’s very likely someone will have asked a question related to yours. (The 12th house already has about 6 questions!) To see the questions and answers, scr0ll down below this post into the comment section.