©4-13-20015 by Donna Cunningham
One of the things I love most about blogging is the sharing and learning that happens when you readers share your own charts and how various features play out in real life. We haven’t done much with the 6th house—the house of daily work—which often shows the kinds of jobs people have had. They aren’t necessarily your chosen career, which would more often be the 10th, but many of us work steadily for years in places where our skills and backgrounds meet the job description, and we make a contribution in those jobs.
For answers, we’d want to examine the 6th house:
- Any planets in that house and their signs
- The sign on the cusp of the 6th
- The ruler of the sign on the cusp and the house it’s placed in
The 6th house is also connected with health and with the sign Virgo. I spent most of my social work career in health related settings, especially those where people were chronically ill or disabled. Early on, when I did as many coworker charts as I could get my hands on, I confidently expected that their charts would be strong in Virgo. I quickly learned that that wasn’t so—instead many of them had planets in the 6th house, especially the Sun.
(Do I have planets in the 6th? Nope. However, I have Sagittarius on the 6th, and the ruler of Sagittarius, Jupiter, is in my 12th, another of the health houses, but more chronic conditions.)
Newcomers to astrology, let me just say that I’m older now, retired from doing charts, and pretty tired, so please don’t expect me to interpret your 6th house. Just read and learn from what others have to say about their experiences.
So, Readers, join in and share your own work history and 6th house placements in the comment section. We’ll all learn a lot by sharing here.
UPDATE: After less than 2 days, more than 60 people have already shared their 6th house information. Readers, you’re the best! For astrology teacher teachers and students, this is a golden chance to see how the 6th house works in real life rather than just theory. (To follow this discussion, make a comment, however short, and then check the box below your comment to receive updates by email.)
Related articles on Skywriter:
- Readers Ask: Q & A about the 6th House
- The Sixth House and Working Relationships
- Career Differences between the 10th, 2nd, and 6th House
- Career Quiz—Guess the Chart Placements
- Saturn Transiting the 6th: Tests and Lessons at Work
- How Do House System Choices Affect Your Chart?
- Uranus In The Career Houses—“You’re Not The Boss Of Me!”
- Pluto in the Career Houses–The Power to Manifest or Fail for Spite
- Transits to the Vocational Houses–Temp Job or Career Departure?
- Chiron and Vocation: Do What You Love and Wholeness Will Follow