(c)12/29/15 by Donna Cunningham
Boundaries are a frequent topic on this blog, perhaps because it’s a topic we all need to deal with in a healthy way–whether in our personal lives or at work.
It’s a topic astrologers especially need to understand, partly because our clients who come for relationship charts often are experiencing difficulty with important others due to unhealthy boundaries. And partly because astrology itself gives us a wealth of insight into others and the very act of doing a chart reading with the intimate knowledge it brings us can lead to overstepping boundaries.
Adult children of alchoholics are a group with big boundary issues, because their alcoholic parents, blurred in their thinking, have poor boundaries and generally have codependent relationships with their loved ones.
One chapter of my ebook, Counseling Principles for Astrologers explains why alcoholics and their loved ones seldom have good boundaries. Thechapter explains codependency, how to see it in an astrology chart, and its implications for practicing astrologers in depth. Download it here: 2014 Ch7 CPA.
Here is a list of links to articles about boundaries on this blog:
- What your Astrology Chart Says about your Boundary Issues
- Boundaries 101 ~ A Course for Neptunians
- Boundaries 201–Ten More Tips for Neptunians
- Issues that Come Up in Astrological Consulting: Practicing Healthy Boundaries
- Setting Healthy Boundaries in Astrology Sessions
- Boundaries 301: How to Deal With a Moocher
- Boundaries and Friendship — Are You and Your Friend Codependent?
- Libra Alert: Personal Power & What It Looks Like in a Friendship
- Neptune in the 11th House–Setting Boundaries in Friendship
- 6 Common Misconceptions about Boundaries in a Relationship
- The 3 Major Ways of Setting Boundaries—Which Type are You?
- Feeling Drained by a Relationship? Cut those Psychic Cords!
- Libra Alert: How to Stop Being a People Pleaser
- Ryan and Tatum O’Neal – Stelliums and Symbiosis
- Blending without Drowning: How Saturn Saved a Neptune Type
- How to Recognize and Deal with an Abusive Person
- Pluto and Bullying: How to Recognize and Deal with It
- Battling the Bully – Standing Up For Yourself With Confidence and Assertiveness