Tracy Marks, who has been an astrologer and licensed therapist for decades, has written several significant and helpful astrological books with a solid psychological foundation, such as her immensely useful book on T-Squares.
In preparing this series on the 12th house, I was, frankly, awed to encounter her remarkably insightful and profoundly healing book on the 12th house: Tracy Marks, Your Secret Self: Illuminating the Mysteries of the Twelfth House, Ibis Press, Lake Worth, FL, 2010.
There’s a limit to how much I can quote without permission from the publisher, but here’s a taste of the jewels in her brilliant analysis of the 12th house Sun:
“Your 12th house Sun suggests that you are sensitive person, highly vulnerable to the impact of your environment. Hesitant to share your inner experiences, you maintain a private sanctuary within yourself, to which you retreat from the demands of the outer world. As King or Queen of your inner castle, you reign supreme.
“…You need time alone for reflection, for attuning yourself to your thoughts, feelings, and fantasies, and for freeing yourself from the influences of others, which you to easily absorb. Because you feel connected to larger spiritual forces, you may be practiced in a meditative discipline that helps you to gain the clarity you seek. Your inner resources are vast. By refueling yourself through turning inward, you revitalize yourself and open yourself to warm, radiant feelings which you may not otherwise experience.” p.55.
The 6-page section on the Sun continues to amaze in the way it explains the many mysteries and contradictions in this 12th house placement. The book contains equally illuminative sections on all the 12th house planets and signs.
This book helps you experience the beauty and the rightness of your 12th house placements without neglecting to explore how the more difficult expressions are connected with them.
I would highly recommend this book to anyone with significant placements in the 12th, particularly those I’ve been hearing from with 12th house stelliums.
The Complete Miniseries on the 12th house:
- 12th House People as Introverts: the Power of Solitude
- A Sensitive Guide to Planets in the 12th House—Guest Blog
- Readers Ask: Q & A about the 12th House
- A Tool for Analyzing Your 12th House Sign
- New Insights into the 12th House from our Q&A Session
- Interceptions, Progressions and Other Buried 12th House Treasure from the Comment Section
- Everything You Ever Wanted to Know about the 12th House—but Were Afraid to Ask
- The 12th House—Comparing Ancient and Modern Views
- 7 Secrets You May not Know about the 12th House
- Daybreak and the 12th House Sun
- 12 Famous People with 12th House Suns
- 80 Qualities of Venus in the 12th or other Venus-Neptune Combinations
- Jupiter in the 12th—When Does Good Luck Turn Bad?
- Transits from the 12th House to the 1st–Like Night and Day