©11-20-2009 by Donna Cunningham, MSW
Do you have planets, the Sun, Moon, Ascendant or Midheaven in the early degrees of Aries, Cancer, Libra, or Capricorn? If so, you’re getting important transits from Pluto, Saturn, and ultimately Uranus this year and next. Does that sound tough? The best way to begin using the energies of Pluto and Saturn to change your life for the better is to stop treating them like scary old bogeymen. Here’s how.
- Stop blaming Pluto and Saturn for the mess we’re in.
- Pluto and Saturn aren’t out to get us.
- Pluto and Saturn haven’t done anything to us.
- We’ve done it to ourselves.
- Pluto and Saturn are here to help us fix it. Whatever IT is.
It WON’T go away. Fixing it won’t be pretty. It won’t be easy. You have to do something NOW, but you don’t have to do it alone. Just know that at the end of the day, your work will have put things right…more right than they’ve been in a good, long while.
The process is kind of like major surgery—not the elective type to correct something that’s a bit off. It’s a boob job. And I don’t mean the cosmetic variety to give yourself a better chest. It’s the kind you need when you’ve been a real boob in some area of your life. The kind of surgery that’s no fun to go through, but when it’s all over and you’ve healed, you feel healthier than you have in years. Then you kick yourself for putting it off so long.
How to Use Pluto’s Energies:
Get out that B.S. detector that’s gathering dust in a closet.
Dust it off. Plug it in.
Turn it on.
Focus it on that pickle you’re in. You know the one.
Use the zoom lens to look at the situation fearlessly.
What’s really going on under the surface?
Who’s fooling you? What do they gain from it?
How are you fooling yourself and others? What do you gain from it?
How have you surrendered your power and why did you let it happen?
What’s the big secret you’re hiding about it?
Tell the truth about it. Tell yourself. Tell others, if it’s any of their business.
Stop listening to words. Listen only to actions. The truth is in the actions.
Face the fact that it’s got to change. That YOU’VE got to change.
Grieve if you need to. Do it as long as it takes, but take action, too.
Get help or healing if you can’t do make the change alone.
Put Saturn on speed dial. You’re going to need him.
Supportive Aspects from Pluto: If you have chart placements in the first 5° of the earth signs Virgo or Taurus, you’re receiving a helpful 120° aspect called a trine from Pluto in Capricorn. Because of the earth element in your chart, you most likely have a solid, much-needed set of skills, a good work ethic, and a sensible, down-to-earth approach that will stand you in good stead now. You’re still likely to undergo some deep changes that will require you to get that B.S. detector up and working, but with more support and an easier transition. There are likely to be good opportunities for progress on a material level as well. Your past track record may position you to make the most of current conditions. After all, some people prosper, even in an economic downturn.
How to use Saturn’s Energies:
Go get a jumbo-sized jar of elbow grease at Home Depot.
While you’re there, buttonhole one of their people for tips.
Survey the damage clear-headedly to see how bad it really is.
Get second opinion from somebody who knows what they’re doing.
Research the internet or fixit manuals for how to do it.
Hire a contractor if you’re over your head on this thing.
Draw up a tentative set of plans based on what you’ve learned.
Get second opinion from somebody who knows what they’re doing.
At every step of the way, measure twice, cut once.
Have someone who knows what they’re doing check your work.
Take the time to do it right.
Build for life, not a retaining wall.
Supportive Aspects from Saturn: If you have chart placements in the first 5° of the air signs Gemini or Aquarius, you’re receiving a helpful 120° aspect called a trine from Saturn in Libra. The air element in your chart is likely to mean that you have good communication and people skills that will stand you in good stead during this stressful period when your connection with others is paramount. You may be one of those people who can adapt easily to new ideas and technologies, or maybe you just know how to make new friends and keep in touch with old ones. If so, those relationships can provide you with support, good will, and an inside track on ways to make the most of this period.
Some Notes about the Language of this Post: I ran the grammar checker on this piece. There’s not one single sentence in the passive voice. What that says is that this piece is all about doing rather than being done to. That’s really fitting because right now the last thing we can afford is passivity. The reading level is 3rd grade, and right now we NEED simple.
What’s with all the metaphors?” you’re probably wondering. I dunno. This is an archetype-free zone. The carpentry images I can understand–my father and grandfather built houses. If I start spouting sports metaphors, though, you’ll know that something has gone very, very wrong. Call in an exorcist.
Metaphors are just how the information is coming to me. Don’t stop to figure out which symbol stands for what; just listen with your inner wisdom. At some level, you know exactly what it means.
More Posts for your Pluto-Saturn Preparedness Kit:
- The Pluto-Saturn Preparedness Kit—an Overview of the Series
- The Pluto-Saturn Preparedness Kit—Part 1 (Houses and Areas of Life Affected)
- The Pluto-Saturn Square—Two Examples of How It Works
- The Pluto-Saturn Preparedness Kit—Part 2 (Best Case/Worst Case Scenarios)
- Pluto-Saturn Preparedness Kit #3: How to Use these Energies Well
- Pluto-Saturn Preparedness Kit #4–Taking Concrete Action to Change your Life
- Pluto-Saturn Preparedness Kit #5: Key Players in your Drama
- People who Misuse Pluto and Saturn—Don’t be Fooled by Scare Tactics!
- From Clutter to Closure–Using the Pluto-Saturn Square
- Pluto-Saturn Kit #6: The Train is Coming. Are You Stalled on the Tracks?
- How the Pluto-Saturn Square may Affect People born with that Aspect
Related Posts for Using this Transit to Change Unwanted Patterns:
- Cash in on the Hidden Gold Beneath Your Fears
- Saturn Transits—What do They Mean to your Career?
- Healing Tools For Plutonians: Transforming The Self And Others
- Understanding Healing Reactions or Healing Crises
- Purge Yourself of Pluto’s Negativity—Get Free of Bitterness
- Stuck For What Seems Like Forever? Maybe Areas of Unforgiveness are the Cause
- What Makes a Person Controlling? How Can It Stop?
- In a Crisis? Rescue Remedy Can Help You through It
- Internet Find of the Week: New Resources for Healing Grief and Loss
- More Insights into Healing Grief and Loss
- Hope for Those in the Dark Night of the Soul
If this post was helpful, DON’T MISS THE NEXT INSTALLMENT IN THIS SERIES. Sign up for a subscription, and get a FREE EBOOKLET for Skywriter Subscribers Only: Mothers, Daughters, and the Moon, a 50-page excerpt from The Moon in your Life. Read more about it here: NEW: FREE BOOKLET FOR SKYWRITER SUBSCRIBERS!
If you’re already a subscriber and want a copy, forward the most recent email post to me at email@example.com. To sign up for a subscription, go to the top right hand corner of the blog and click on “Subscribe.” Then send me an email with your subscription confirmation or an email post with a request for the booklet in the subject line.