(c)6-17-2010 by Donna Cunningham, MSW
We’re celebrating Mercury this week. Since Mercury/Gemini types start asking questions as soon as they learn to talk and never stop until they’re buried, it’s time we did another one of the features where you get to ask questions and I respond. So far in this popular series, you’ve asked general questions about the houses and questions about the 2nd and 7th houses, and we’ve had a great time. So today let’s look at Mercury, Gemini, and the 3rd house of the natal chart.
The 3rd house is the house most closely related to Mercury, since it’s the house that describes communication, thinking, and learning patterns, relationships with siblings and other near relatives like aunts and uncles, and short-term learning commitments like seminars.
I am happy to entertain more general questions like these:
- If the 3rd house is empty, does that mean the person has a learning disability?
- If Pluto is in the 3rd house, is that good or bad?
- If there’s a stellium in the 3rd, will the person write a NY Times Best Seller?
- How long does a Saturn transit to Mercury last?
That sort of thing, phrased in 25 words or less.
UPDATE: To read the questions readers posed and my answers, scroll down below this article to the comment section. For a digest, see The Best of Readers’ Q & A about the 3rd House and Mercury
Readers Ask Series: (Readers’ questions and my Answers are in the Comment Sections)
- Readers Ask: Basic Questions about the 12 Houses
- Readers Ask: Q&A about the 1st House and Ascendant
- Readers Ask: Q & A about the 2nd House
- Readers Ask: Q & A about the 4th House
- Readers Ask—Q & A about the 5th House
- Readers Ask: Q & A about the 6th House
- Readers Ask: Q & A about the 7th House
- Readers Ask: Q&A about the 8th House
- Readers Ask—Q & A about the 9th House
- Readers Ask—Q & A about the 10th House
- Readers Ask: Q&A about the 11th House
- Readers Ask: Q & A about the 12th House
- New Insights into the 12th House from our Q&A Session
- House Positions of the Nodes—Insights from Our Q&A Series
- Q&A: What Professional Astrologers Want to Know
More Posts about Mercury and the 3rd House on this Blog:
- How Strong is your Mercury? Here’s the Score!Four Kinds of Smart–Which One Are You?
- Cosmic Piñata #5—Mercurial Morsels
- Things You May Not Know about the 3rd and 12th Houses
- Can U Blog? What to Look for in the Birth Chart
- Enough with the Mercury Retrograde Hysteria!
- Why Mercury Retrograde is a Good Thing–Its Helpful Uses
(See more articles on the 12 houses in the category Houses of the Horoscope.)
If you enjoyed this post , sign up for a subscription, and get a FREE EBOOKLET for Skywriter Subscribers Only: Mothers, Daughters, and the Moon, a 50-page excerpt from The Moon in your Life. Read more about it here: New: Free Booklet For Skywriter Subscribers!
To sign up for a subscription, go to the top right hand corner of the blog and click on “Subscribe.” Then send me an email with your subscription confirmation or an email post with a request for the booklet in the subject line. If you’re already a subscriber and want a copy, forward the most recent email post to me at email@example.com